Please recheck all information for errors, cancellations and accuracy.
Feb 18 2023 to Feb 18 2023 Starts 7 a.m.
EVENT HAS ENDED
Village Park Circle NY NY
Clayton Mid-Winter Ice Fishing Derby Rules
• Adult Entry Fee is $25.00 / Youth (15 and under) are free with adult entry.
• Pre-registration is required for all participants.
• Register Online: www.1000islands-clayton.com
• Register in Person: Clayton Chamber of Commerce, 517 Riverside Dr, Clayton. Mon-Fri 9am-4pm | TI Bait Store (Feb 13-17 ONLY!) 42980 NY-12, Alex Bay
• Derby Hours: Saturday 7am – 3pm. You may be on the ice but no fishing prior to 7 AM.
• CLOSED BOUNDARIES – All fishing is to take place in French Bay only.
• All New York State DEC laws and regulations apply.
• Minimum Length on Northern Pike is 26”. No questionable or frozen fish.
• All fish must be weighed at the weigh-station by an event official. If you need assistance getting your fish there please let us know at registration or by calling one of the committee members listed at the bottom of the page.
• In the event of a tie in weight, the fish will be measured by length. DEAD FISH WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY.
• All fish entered become the property of the Derby and will be handled by Event Officials.
• Fish may not be held for entry in another hour. When fish is caught it must be entered for that hour or be immediately released.
• You must have your registration receipt & lanyard (Online Registrations: pick up lanyard at weigh-station) with you always.
• Hourly cash prizes will be awarded for the largest fish measured that hour. Amount will be determined based on the number of entries.
• There will also be a Luck of the Draw and Door Prize Winners hourly!
• Youth Derby will have one grand-prize winner for the largest Perch caught during the Derby (7am – 3pm). Perch must be at least 7” and brought to weigh-station to enter. All Youth entered in Derby will also be entered to win a Door Prize!
• If an hourly prize is not awarded due to the lack of entries, money will be awarded as determined by the event officials.
• Winners will be posted Hourly at the Weigh-Station. All prizes will be awarded at 4pm at the Wood Boat Brewery.
• Any unsportsmanlike conduct, as determined by the event officials will be cause for disqualification.
• The Derby Committee claims no responsibility for accidents or injuries on the ice or the surrounding area as a whole. You are fishing on the premises at your own risk.
• Please keep the area clean and pick up after yourself.
• Please show courtesy to others and follow all the rules & regulations to make a FUN and SAFE day of Fishing! For questions please contact: Alex Buduson at the Clayton Chamber of Commerce: 315-686-3771 / Terry Fox: 315-771-3533 / PJ Schleher: 315-767-4677