This annual event attracts the best BBQ competitors in the country and continues to grow in popularity year after year. The tasty event days are filled with sampling opportunities, food and beverage concessions, children's activities, live entertainment, and more!
Now in its 12th year, the Shipman Youth Center, together with assistance of USA Luge, organizes this annual festival. Rated one of the top 10/Best BBQ festivals in the United States by USA Today and Delish.com, and one of the top 20 by the Kansas City Barbecue Socitey, the competition offers approximately $9,000 in cash prizes, the most ever for this event.
Food provided by professional BBQ teams
Attendees can sample many BBQ delicacies over the course of the weekend:
· Rib Fest (day one), taste ribs prepared by professional BBQ teams $3 per person, public choice award (Friday, July 8)
· Rib Fest (day two), taste ribs prepared by professional BBQ Teams $3 per person, public choice award (Saturday, July 9)
· TOP CHEF competition — all day, beginning at noon on Saturday, July 8th.
· All three days, barbecue food will be sold by three food vendors. There will be pulled pork, pork ribs, beef brisket, chicken, turkey, and more.
Entertainment and activities
While the 2017 schedule hasn't been announced yet (we'll post as soon as it is) - here's an idea of the fun we had in 2016!
- FMX Freestyle Motocross Stunt Show
- Sven Curth
- Larry Stone and the Stoneground Express
- More music will be announced — stay tuned!
- Krusher BMX Stunt Team — a three-day, high energy BMX bike and in-line skating exhibition
- Kids' bounce house, Monster Water Slide (weather permitting)
- Face painting
- Coconut climbing trees
- DYNAMITE the mechanical bull
Entertainment takes place in the Big Top at the north end of the Oval. Some of the best in regional and nationally-known bands have played at the I Love BBQ and Music Festival. Entertainment runs throughout each day beginning in early afternoon and lasting into the evening hours.
For more information, visit www.ilbbqf.com.