Rosendale International Pickle Festival
Cultures of many countries are represented with food and music. Vendors offer a variety of wares. Contests, prizes and plenty of pickles. Accessible. ATM available.
HOME PICKLING CONTEST.
THE PICKLING CATEGORIES (limited to 3 categories per entrant)
- Please submit 2 jars of the same item for each entry. (One jar is for display, one jar is for the judges.)
- The Jars should be labeled with: YOUR name, address, phone #, area code included, Email address and What They Are.
- You are limited to a total of 3 submissions in any category.
- If you are not going to be in the area on the day of the Pickle Festival, you can drop your entries off in advance by contacting Mr. Bill Brooks email [email protected] and arrange a drop-off appointment.
- Entries must be submitted by 11 am and Judging begins at noon.
- DILL PICKLES
- SWEET PICKLES
- PICKLED ONIONS/GARLIC
- DILLY BEANS
- PICKLED FRUIT
- PICKLED BEETS
- PICKLED VEGGIES
- PICKLED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- FERMENTED LIQUID or SEMI-LIQUID PRODUCT
- BEST OF SHOW
Later in the Afternoon we have the PICKLE TRIATHLON.
It starts with Pickle Eating Contest
, where contestants try to eat a small jar of Mt. Olive Pickle Spears.
First one wins the Gold, followed by Silver and Bronze. Next is the Pickle Juice Drinking Contest
, where contestants get to drink 24 oz. of pickle juice through a Big Bore Straw, again with Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. Lastly we have a Team Event, the Pickle Tossing Contest.
The Team consists of a pitcher, who tosses a pickle chip to the catcher, who catches the chip in their mouth, then it is spurted into the Counter’s Jar. Again we have Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the contests.