The Tupper Lake Tinman
35th annual Tupper Lake Tinman Triathlon
Did you know that Tupper Lake is home to one of the longest-running triathlons in the United States? It's true! Since 1983, athletes have descended on Tupper Lake to kick off their racing season on the Tupper Lake Tinman's picturesque Adirondack mountain course. On June 24, 2017 athletes will return once again to test their endurance and meet up with friends they've made over the years.
Date: June 24, 2017
Race Start: 8 a.m.
Race Headquarters & Transition Area: The Tupper Lake Muncipal Park
Athlete Check-In: June 23, 2017 at The Wild Center in Tupper Lake
Click to check out the downloadable course maps:
- Tinman - Half Iron 70.3 - Swim: 1.2 mile / Bike: 56 mile / Run: 13.1 mile
- Aquabike - Swim: 1.2 mile / Bike: 56 mile
- Relay (2 to 3 members) - Swim: 1.2 mile / Bike: 56 mile / Run: 13.1
- Olympic - Swim: 0.93 mile / Bike: 26 mile / Run: 6.2 mile
- Sprint - Swim: 0.5 mile / Bike: 12.6 mile / Run: 3.1 mile
Are you coming to Tupper Lake to support and cheer your athlete? Here are some tips:
- The Tupper Lake Municipal Park offers free parking and is one of the best spots to watch the action.
- If you are looking for something to do while your friends and family are out on the course, the park is a short walk from the Park Street business district where you can find a variety of shopping and dining options (including some new ones).
- Food vendors and P-2's Beer Tent will be available on site.
- Turn your trip into a mini Adirondack getaway! Plan on staying for a few days - explore the area and make sure to take advantage of discounted admission passes athletes receive for The Wild Center.
Tinman weekend is a busy weekend in Tupper Lake. Rooms, campsites and rental properties can fill up quickly, so book your accommodations today!